How A Day at the Spa Can Benefit Your Wellness and Health
How a day at the spa can benefit your wellness and health begins with a mindful purpose. If you are one of those who think that a day at the spa is a wasteful indulgence, think again. A day at the spa can benefit wellness and health in many ways.
The stress of everyday life builds like the steam in a boiler. When the pressure becomes too great and is near explosion levels, safety valves open and let out the excess steam before there is a catastrophe. In the human body, stress builds and puts pressure on the mind, body, and soul. Stress release valves to prevent a catastrophe in humans must be purposefully, and mindfully accessed, engaged, and opened. Depending on the person stress release can be conducted in a variety of ways like:
- A night of drinking alcohol with friends – could be relaxing, but not healthy
- A night of dancing – Exhilarating and healthy if alcohol is not involved
- Running, Jogging or Walking – Adds to health and wellness – it’s also exhausting and depletes energy
- Time at the Gym – A push towards wellness and health that requires a concentrated effort
- Meditation – Great for those who are accomplished at reaching the meditative state
- Yoga – the health and wellness benefits of a day at the gym combined with the mental release of meditation
Of all the ways to “let off steam” as the expression goes, one that incorporates all the benefits listed above without any of the negatives is a day at the spa.
A Day at The Spa for Mind, Body, and Soul
A day at the spa can include a variety of soothing, contemplative sessions or it can concentrate on a particular service to relieve stress. Depending on the size and services offered by the spa, a day at the spa in pursuit of health and wellness may include:
- Swimming in an outdoor or indoor pool – swimming is a fantastic way to release stress, quiet anxious thinking, and forget about worries, schedules, and things to do. It provides a minimal impact exercise that strengthens muscles along with relieving aches and pains. Water therapy is a refreshing path to wellness and health that affects the mind, body, and soul.
- Massage – A relaxation experience that concentrates on the physical easing of aches and pains, and slowly releases the mind and the spirit as the beneficial brain chemicals is released into the brain.
- Relaxing in the Sauna, Steam Room, or Jacuzzi – The healthy relaxing effects of hydra therapies are powerful in cutting all thoughts of stress.
- Body Wraps– Enveloped with herbs or infrared heat opens the skin to release toxins while relaxing the muscles, loosening the nervous tension, and cashing away negative thoughts. While detoxifying the body, the mind and soul soon follow. Time alone while enjoying the cocoon-like atmosphere of the body wrap eases the mind, soothes the soul, and tones the body.
Every spa offers a menu of services. Find a spa near you that offers the most in demand FIR BodyWrap experience.