7 Simple Secrets to Totally Rocking Your Wellness Routine
Some secrets are just way too good to be kept, and when we find out about new ways to improve health and wellness we’ve simply got to share! Though the same exact routine that works for you may not be perfect for your BFF, there are multiple areas of wellness you can focus on to make sure you are taking care of yourself. You know your body best, so pick workouts, foods and relaxation regimens that work for you. We’ve compiled 7 super simple secrets to improve your wellness routine.
1. Hydration Hydration is always important! However, if you exercise or participate in another sweat inducing activity, you need to drink more water to replace lost fluids. For optimal hydration, it’s recommended to hydrate before, during and after each workout or activity. Did you know that water isn’t the only way you can hydrate? Other fluids, fruits, veggies and food with a water content can also help keep your water intake up.
2. Sleep We need sleep to function and when our time in dreamland is minimal all kinds of health concerns can pop up. For adults, it’s recommended that we get at least 6-8 hours of sleep each night. But, what if you have trouble sleeping? The Sleep Foundation says participating in a cardiovascular workout, creating a comfy sleep space, sticking to a schedule and choosing relaxing nighttime rituals can really help.
3. Recovery If you’ve set some serious fitness goals it may seem like going hard is the best way to achieve them. We’ve got nothing against going into beast mode, however, recovery time is necessary to avoid injury and overdoing
4. Exercise Keeping up with a consistent workout routine is the best way to get, or stay in shape. A physically fit body allows us to live life the fullest and a good workout can also increase energy, improve sleep, reduce anxiety and relieve stress. Scientifically, movement gets the blood flowing, which is important because a sedentary lifestyle can have adverse effects on the health of the heart.
The American Heart Association advises us to exercise regularly to lower the risk of heart disease and prevent high blood pressure. Experts say that we should hit the gym, hiking trails, yoga mat, etc. for about 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.
5. Motivation Finding inspiration and motivation can put you on the path to success and overall happiness. Additionally, motivation can be contagious and while you’re doing great things you can inspire others. Keeping yourself focused, staying positive, accepting support and managing your mood are steps in the right direction. And if you get off track, just pick yourself up and get back to it.
6. Infrared If you’re wondering how you’re going to achieve all 6 of the wellness tips listed above good news, we have your answer! Infrared!Studies show that infrared can assist with pain relief, weight loss, detoxification, skin rejuvenation, relaxation and inducing sweat production, but there’s more. Regular infrared sessions can encourage you to drink more water, meaning you’ll be hydrated. They can also improve your sleep by lowering cortisol levels and assisting the body in toxin release. Studies indicate that full body infrared immersion can not only aid in quick muscle and tissue recovery, but it can act as a passive cardiovascular workout. Does it take the place of exercise? Not exactly, but it can improve your workouts by providing you with natural energy or much needed relaxation after a tough night at the gym. Infrared sessions can also improve your motivation. How? There are a couple ways. One, when you start to see wellness results from infrared sessions it may just inspire you to focus on wellness in other areas of your life. Two, soothing infrared rays are excellent for inducing deep relaxation so you can receive clarity and reach your goals. Lastly, when you begin a regular infrared routine consistency in other areas of wellness can improve.
7. Consistency With any wellness program keeping a consistent plan in place is key. It takes about 30 days to build a habit, so choose the areas of wellness you want to focus on and work on it a little bit each day.Whether it’s drinking more water, stretching before bed or utilizing infrared to see results.Make it a habit and soon your new routine will become second nature. Life is busy and there are going to be days in which you don’t feel like participating in wellness activities. This is normal. As long you keep it consistent most of the time you should see results. Start with small changes and work your way up to the big ones. Can’t fit in 5 days at the gym each week? Start with two. Trouble sleeping? Create your own bedtime ritual and stick to it for an entire week. See how you feel and do what makes you feel inspired to live a healthy lifestyle!
- “How Much Sleep Do We Really Need? – National Sleep Foundation”. Sleepfoundation.org. 2016. Web.